Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Reviews

I wanted to post a few quick mini-reviews of books I've read for book club:

ELLA MINNOW PEA
by Mark Dunn

Placement in the Pile: Middle of the Stack

Review: This was an interesting read. A little silly in concept of a made up country and how crazy it got politically in such a short time, all because of some letters falling off a monument. It led to some good discussions however.

THE DARK HILLS DIVIDE
by Patrick Carman

Placement in the Pile: Reaching New Heights

Review: A great first book to a great series. A middle grade level so it's a fast easy read with some fun characters and mysterious plots. If you're looking for a good series to read but don't have a lot of time to spend on huge books, this one is worth a try! I like books 2 and 3 even more!

What are you reading for book club? What do you think makes a good book club book?

And coming soon some pretty awesome stuff! I promise!

1 comments:

i'm erin. said...

Hey! I liked the Dark Hills Divide and I passed the book onto my boys and they loved it.