Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday Three

1)  Tonight is book club.  I LOVE book club, even when I don't get around to reading or finishing the book.  Well this time we read DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth.  One of those on my "to read" pile, that I just haven't gotten to yet. 

WHY DID I WAIT!!!!!!!!????

I will be reviewing what I thought of the book and maybe some of what my book club talked about tomorrow.  But until then, I ask.  What do you read for book club?

2) While we're on the DIVERGENT subject.  Check out this quiz and tell us what you get!  I'm Divergent leaning towards Candor.  (I took several other quizzes and got Candor 95% of the time). 

http://www.divergentfactions.com/divergent-faction-quiz.html

3) And while we're on the subject.  What do you generally think of YA books turned into movies?  Since Twilight and The Hunger Games did so well, many have been picked up.  But then Beautiful Creatures didn't do great in the US, so now studios are questioning doing more.  What are your thoughts? 

I don't think the movie ever really is better than the book.  But I have been pleased with many, even with upsetting changes.  What books to movies have you loved?  Which have you hated?  Are you going to go watch DIVERGENT?

1 comments:

ilima said...

I can't believe you haven't read Divergent until now. I generally love seeing my favorite books as movies. Agree that the books are better but I enjoy the story through another medium and appreciate it separately from the book.